Are You Just Coasting Along?

 

 

Apparently I must be something of a dinosaur.  

I needed to replace my watch, so I found another one just like it online, with a twisty flex band.  When it came, I had to have a few links taken out because it was too big.

After calling around, we found ONE place that would shorten my band at a reasonable price. I guess nobody does this anymore.

While I was lamenting this, it was pointed out to me that most people today--if they even wear a watch--have smart watches, or at least synthetic bands.

It always bugs me when something like this happens and I am snapped into reality.  Times are changing.  My ways are becoming extinct. Things I never gave a second thought to--like a reasonably priced, service-oriented, local jewelry store--have disappeared.

It's like you just wake up one day, and realize things are different.  If you've been coasting along, not really paying much attention, it can be a little unsettling.

I suppose this is a good place to point out the obvious--someday Jesus will return and while we don't know when that will be, it might be a bit unsettling if we've just been coasting along as if it's not going to happen.

We need to ask ourselves, "Will I be ready when that day comes?" and "What if I'm not?" We don't do this to instill fear in us, but to snap us into reality.

Next week we will work our way through holy week.  It's a super good time to pay attention.  Follow the narrative of the life, death and resurrection of Jesus, and dig deep.

Whatever you do, just be sure not to coast through holy week. Trust me, you don't want to miss it.

Janet Cassidy
janetcassidy.com
Follow my Facebook page at:
https://www.facebook.com/reflectionsinfaith/
Check out my YouTube Channel at:
https://www.youtube.com/@janetcassidy


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective