Eclipse 2024: Science, the News, Faith, and Me

Ernest Wright/NASA's Scientific Visualization Studio's map, showing 'the path of the 2017 total solar eclipse, crossing from Oregon to South Carolina, and the 2024 total solar eclipse, crossing from Mexico into Texas, up to Maine, and exiting over Canada'. (2024)

Next week's total solar eclipse won't be total here in central Minnesota.

I'm not terribly disappointed, since the odds are that I couldn't see it anyway. There's rain in the five-day forecast. We need rain a great deal more than I need to see a total eclipse of the sun, so I've got at least two reasons for not being terribly disappointed.

More at A Catholic Citizen in America.

(A very quick look at eclipses, the news, and how I see science and religion. Plus an embedded NASA eclipse chasers video.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective