Sign me up?

 

 

I should have been a king crab. Stay with me here.

I was reading an article in "Reader's Digest" and it was talking about how good king crabs are for corals, because they "feast on seaweed."

Now don't get me wrong, I don't even like crabs, nor seaweed, but, learning that the king crab exists simply to dine on its favorite food, I say, sign me up! 

All kidding aside, I think the lesson we can learn here is that, since the king crab has no awareness that they are helping the coral reefs, the only purpose of their existence is to eat to their heart's content.

We, of course, do have such an awareness.  In fact, it is key to our fulfillment as humans.  We are not here to simply satisfy ourselves, but to do what we can to help others.

I've been reading a lot about Mary Magdalene's response to seeing the empty tomb of Jesus and how she immediately ran to tell the other disciples.

Ultimately, the best way to help others is to point them in the direction of the resurrection like Mary did, because that empty tomb is the only thing that makes sense of Jesus' death.

May the joy of this Easter season continue in your life, filling every day with renewed purpose.

Happy Easter!

Janet Cassidy
janetcassidy.com
Follow my Facebook page at:
https://www.facebook.com/reflectionsinfaith/
Check out my YouTube Channel at:
https://www.youtube.com/@janetcassidy

 

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective