Behind the Scenes

 

 


I just finished reading Dr. Fauci's book, "On Call." It was pretty dense, and at 355 pages, I'm proud of my accomplishment. Some of it was overly technical for me, but I continued to trudge my way through it, and I am so glad I did.

It really enlightened me to all of the behind-the-scenes work that goes into researching how to develop viable vaccines, as well as all of the people and organizations (including pharmaceuticals) around the world that have a hand in keeping us safe.

With Dr. Fauci at the helm, we've had a very humble and diligent workhorse. It is so interesting to learn about his passion as he was working towards solutions to help address the HIV/Aids crisis. He was a key architect in creating a response to so many of our viruses--some which you have likely already forgotten.

If you take the time to read it, you will never accept any conspiracy theories about a hidden agenda to infect us with dangerous vaccines. All of the trials, time and work that goes into developing vaccines is amazing.

Dr. Fauci worked for many different presidents and "professionally and publicly" has tried hard to do his work without political bias.

That's the other thing I enjoyed about this book. Like "The Situation Room" by George Stephanopoulos, you get to peek into how different administrations operate. It is VERY eye-opening, to say the least.

He must surely be missed as the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), from which he retired in 2022. I know it makes me nervous, after reading this book, to not have him there!

As you will read, every time they finished dealing with one virus, another one popped up, and he and his family were targeted with threats, even though he was working FOR the people!

Here's an informative video you might enjoy:

 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejNVtbUZGrg

Janet Cassidy
Email me at:  jmctm2@gmail.com

janetcassidy.com
https://www.facebook.com/reflectionsinfaith/
https://www.youtube.com/@janetcassidy



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Greater Love: Richie Fernando SJ', a joy-filled Filipino missionary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Memorare