AI, "Magnifica Humanitas", Thomas Aquinas, and Me

Dik Browne's 'Hagar the Horrible:' 'It may be the end of civilization as we know it.' (February 25, 1973)

Pope Leo XIV's "Magnifica Humanitas" (on safeguarding the human person in the time of artificial intelligence) came out in May.

I didn't expect it to be a fast read, and I was right. In English, it runs to nearly 38,000 words, not counting footnotes.

I still haven't read it, but have glanced through the thing. Now I've started reading, a bit at a time, equipped with a marker: and coffee.

Early on, I ran into these thoughts:...

More at A Catholic Citizen in America.

(Short excerpts from the new encyclical letter and Summa Theologica, how I see the latest scary new technology and being human.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

SAINT ELIZABETH, MOTHER OF JOHN THE BAPTIST- Feast: November 5