Non-Catholics and the Rosary


(copied from comment on my own blog ' fiftysomething ' a post from Lindsay
Lindsay  email me the address is on sidebar here and I would be happy to add you as a contributer to ACWB  diddleymaz)...........
Lindsay said...
Would it be possible to post the following on the ACWB.
I am a silver surfer and do not know how to embed a photo, perhaps of Wesley or his Rosary but I think it would be of interest to people.
John Wesley

...........
Non-Catholics and the Rosary

I read "many good Catholics don't use the rosary at all. On the other hand, many non-Catholics find the rosary very helpful. John Wesley prayed the rosary every day, as do many Anglicans, Lutherans, and Methodists today. The rosary is simply a devotional aid to prayer that many people find helpful. - Chapter Eight, "All Generations Shall Call Me Blessed," p. 222, More Christianity, © 2002, Our Sunday Visitor Publishing."
John Wesley's rosary can be seen in Cambridge and on the web.
I think many Catholics would be encouraged to read J Neville Ward's Five for Sorrow, Ten for Joy.
As a non-Catholic I am often to be found lighting a candle in my local RC church and intend to buy a Rosary soon having read Neville-Ward's book.

Comments

  1. I have personal experience of a rosary be useful to a non catholic, I gave one that I had to a relative who was coping with a spouses terminal illness,it was one from Aid to the Church in Need that had been blessed by Blessed John Paul II and I felt it would be right to pass it on to her. She told me she held it while saying her prayers and found it comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My youngest (non-Catholic) son who suffers clinical depression told me that he always knows when I am praying the Rosary for him because he feels peace and has a good day.
    He also requested his own beads and would fall asleep with them to give comfort when he was away from home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prayed the Rosary as a non-Catholic. It's no surprise that I eventually converted! :)
    Autumn xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective