Lenten Talk: St. Rita of Cascia

My friend Melissa drove me to Staten Island tonight so we could attend an inspiring talk about St. Rita of Cascia at a parish called Saint Rita Church.  Call it food for our Lenten journeys.

The speaker was Father Michael Di Gregorio, O.S.A., who grew up in the parish and graduated from its grammar school. He is an Augustinian priest who now serves as vicar general of the Augustinian order in Rome. He also is the author of a biography of Saint Rita called The Precious Pearl: The Story of Saint Rita of Cascia.

 "We think of a saint as someone who is out of this world." he told the audience of about 70 in the church sanctuary. "But a saint is someone who is attuned to the Voice that speaks within and who tries to respond openly and honestly. " Saint Rita, he said. "had her feet on the ground."

Keep Reading...

Comments

  1. I was there too Alison! Next time you go to one of Fr. Veras's Lenten series we'll have to meet. You're probably going to the next one since it's on Luigi Giussani of C&L, but I don't know if I can make that. But I'm probably going to make the rest of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gee. Did not know that. That is your parish, yes? I likely cannot go to any of the other Lenten talks. Fridays usually find me heading to Princeton, NJ, where our son has chamber music rehearsal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective