Letter to an Atheist Whom I Love





The Way, The Truth and the Life.


Dear ______

The reason I am writing you is because I hope that by my witness you would come to know the truth.

My dear friend, I have experienced God personally.  If God is love for each of us individually, there will be no “evidence” or “proof” of that love, the love of God is a personal experience and when a soul experiences it, it is for that soul alone, not to be proven.   If God must “prove” his love, doesn't that cheapen it?  We have loved men in our life, how it would hurt us, if in loving someone they turn to us and say, “Prove it!”.  No.  God provides no proof for what He gives a soul in love, because it IS love, the purest love of all.    There is no greater intimacy than the love of God that He pours out on a soul that He loves.  I have felt this love.  During prayer, I felt the love of God fill me to the brim.  I was given the knowledge that it was only a small part of the love He has for me, yet I knew that if he gave me even the smallest drop more of His love I would die.  The flesh cannot handle the full love of God, it will die.  Knowing this, and loving Him so, I said, “Ok, let’s go.”  (Meaning I was ready to die.)  He pulled back and said, “Not yet.”   

God gives us such a beautiful reason and intellect.  He gives us a little, and wants us to use our intellect to learn more.  What did this teach me?  It taught me that God was in control of when I would live of die.  He holds my heart in his hands and gently massages my heart so it will beat and give my lungs ability to take and expel air.  But then I gasped when I realized that I wasn't the only one He was doing this for.  Every person I met, or passed or spoke to, He was doing the same thing for them, and He loved them just as much as He did me.    Have you ever loved someone so much and have them turn their back on you and reject you?  How much does God hurt to those whom He loves so much that deny even His very existence!  He is REAL ____  He has sent you so many graces  for you to come to Him, but you keep pushing Him away. 

______, I love you and I am writing you this because of that love for you.  Death comes for us all, and what we do here God remembers for eternity.  You will be more alive after your death than here.    There is truly only one way to the Father, and that is His Son Jesus.  I once asked God, “Buddha, Mohammed or Jesus,  I want to know.”  Well, He let me know it was only one person that ever lived…His only Son Jesus.   I felt the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ!  Scripture was given to me, “Knock and it shall be given to you, seek and you shall find.”  

I love you ______ and want to see you in Paradise one day. 

I am going to ask God, if He will to let you see the truth  Please don’t push Him away. 

God Bless,

Adele

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective