Sweet Accident


Little to small spark. Small spark to big spark! Little fire it is. Something visible to the eyes of others outside the vehicle am riding.

I’m on my way to work earlier this morning, sitting behind the driver’s seat. Looking from nowhere. Contemplating on various things. Then suddenly destructed by a small fire coming from the vehicle I’m riding at.

Looked at it for a couple of seconds then decided to move out. Adrenaline rush. Geez! What a cool Thursday morning.

Calmed myself. Thoughts keep on playing in my mind while I am walking on the busy streets of Makati CBD. Seeing people pass by me. People of different ages, gender and preferences. Some wearing smiling faces, others frowning. Some enjoying their walk, others rushing their way.

I was then reminded that this BORROWED LIFE has to be lived to the greatest that it could be. If someone comes to you this very minute telling you that it’s the end of your journey, how would you respond? Will you ever have regrets? Will you feel bad? Personally, I would feel great. I’ve been longing to be reunited to our Creator.. and if the invitation knocks my door now, I’d gladly say yes.
                                          
                                            


Ecclesiastes 3:1-8. There is anointed time for everything. The Lord didn't give hints on when exactly it will happen. Sure thing is, He made things beautiful in time—see, even death :)

That incident made me appreciate life more. It reminded me to keep on dreaming on dreams. To continually WALK IN FAITH. To gladly give heart to the people around me. To give my best in my service to the Lord. To hope and not to expect.  To live life for the greater glory of the Lord. To be more grateful to my life—for I don’t know when He’ll ask me to give it back.


“Whether we live or die, it must be for God, rather for ourselves. Whether we live or die, it must be for the Lord. Romans 14:7-8”





Comments

  1. AMEN- you zero in on one of the fundamental truths about our existence as humans..everything is a gift

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective