Tuff Love overcomes a School Shooter

Antoinette Tuff looked at the face of death at the Atlanta school where she is a secretary. The young man was full of hate and without hope. He was also armed with an AK-47 and other weapons. He wanted to die that day and bring as many innocent children with him as possible. It was another Sandy Hook in the making. But this time there was no tragedy. Instead there was peace through a rare type of heroism which the world doesn't understand. Antoinette Tuff stopped the power of hate with a force even more powerful. The power of Christ's unconditional love. With it, she stopped a crazed shooter without pointing a gun. The world is in awe at the unbelievable strength of this modest woman.
What amazed the public is her calm under tremendous pressure, she knew the situation was extremely volatile, and could turn at any moment. Antoinette had fear, as anyone would, but she also had love, and as Scripture says, "Perfect love overcomes fear."
She had an advantage, however. Antoinette Tuff knows where her strength comes from.
"I give it all to God, I'm not the hero, I was terrified."
When the interviewer on the news said, "But you kept it together" She replied, "I don't know how I did" then thought about it and added, "Through His grace and mercy I did.I just explained to him that I loved him. I didn't know his name, I didn't know much about him, but I loved him. And it was scary, because I knew at that moment, he was ready to take my life with his, and if I didn't say the right thing, then we all would be dead."

Read more here. 

Comments

  1. This is a powerful witness about a courageous woman who is filled with the Love of God

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so touched by this story. This woman is a hero...God put her in the right place at just the right time, and gave her the courage and the words needed to diffuse this situation and protect all those children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a blessing to read about this... thank you for sharing it here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I listened with amazement to the 9-1-1 voice recording of what transpired. Reading this account brings tears to my eyes. Thanks, Letitia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just like when i talked my way out of a rape,,umm might post that

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary