A Father Ignatuis Story by Victor S.E. Moubarak

 UBI CARITAS ET AMOR. DEUS IBI EST. 

Unexpected Correspondence.



Father Ignatius was enjoying breakfast when Father Donald came in holding a letter.

“Only one for you today … and it’s from the USA judging by the stamp.”

Father Ignatius frowned, “I don’t know anyone in the States …” he mumbled.

Father Donald chuckled as he poured himself a cup of tea. “Maybe it’s from Hollywood. They probably want to make a film about you …”

The older priest was not amused. He opened the letter and read:

“Dear Father Ignatius,

“You’d be surprised how long it took me to trace you down. I contacted almost every bishop in England. I hope this letter finally reaches you.

“I’m Johnny Nottingham. Do you remember me?”
Father Ignatius mumbled … “Johnny Nottingham …” 

READ MORE

Comments

  1. another great story that is not only well written, humourous and wise but blesses my heart and soul, leaving me smiling


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melanie. When I wrote this story I was trying to point out that sometimes lives start on a rocky road ... until God's grace turns things right.

      I'm glad you enjoyed it.

      God bless you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary