My Feet in Their Shoes?

When overcome with annoyance at someone, I really need to put my feet in their shoes and try to walk. 
"...Yours are the feet with which He is to go about doing good." 
Teresa de Jesús (Avila)

     Will I grimace, hunched at the spine clutching my belly in pain, because they are too tight? 
     Will I try to wiggle out of them because they are filled with clammy, mushy mud or sharp, grainy sand and pebbles? 
     Will I walk with my head hanging down in shame because they are old, stained, torn and faded?  
     Perhaps I will be dissatisfied with myself because I cannot fill them!
     The person I have judged so mercilessly is probably bearing their burden with much more grace than I ever could.  A walk in their shoes must bring my heart to a place of compassion and forgiveness... if I am willing to take the risk.
"Let nothing upset you,
let nothing startle you.
All things pass;
God does not change.
Patience wins all it seeks.
Whoever has God lacks nothing:
God alone is enough. 
Christ has no body now on earth but yours,
no hands but yours,
no feet but yours,
Yours are the eyes through which to look 
with Christ's compassion upon the world;
Yours are the feet with which He is to go about doing good." 
Teresa de Jesús (Avila)

En Los Corazones de Jesús y María Camino La Mancha

Comments

  1. This was beautiful. Thank you so much. What a great reminder. :) God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective