Una Promesa

     When I was a little girl, I was walking with my father in Puerto Rico. I saw a lady wearing a simple, long, brown robe. Hanging from her waist were large knotted Rosaries. My Papi explained to me that she was making "Una Promesa", a promise. Either in petition or thanksgiving for a favor from God, she would wear her "habit" for a year and pray the Rosary every day.
     Our final conversation was sweetly entwined with praying the Rosary. 
I am so grateful!
En Los Corazones de Jesús y María Camino La Mancha

Comments

  1. lovely image for a poigant word image- thank-you and welcome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective