Mary LIVES in my Heart? Help!


Immaculate-Heart-of-Mary-3

What would be the absolute worst thing that could happen to a nice Protestant girl?
Why Mary, the Blessed Virgin, would do a little interior house cleaning, then make a home for herself in the poor girl’s heart, that’s what! If that was not bad enough, this perplexed young woman’s belief system would stay staunchly anti-Catholic for oh, about another 10 years, even though she had converted to Catholicism. I mean what choice did she have? Nobody but the Catholic Church even wants someone who craves the Eucharist and has a relationship with the Mother of Christ.

Obviously this young woman was and is me. God has a peculiar sense of humor and now I can look back and laugh at my dilemma. At the time, though I was shook up. As Pope Francis said at the Easter Vigil, God delights in shaking us up, or as I like to say, ripping the rug from underneath us. Nope, God will not stay in a nice, neat little box of our own making. Just when we think we have Him all figured out, He pulls another fast one on us. 

Comments

  1. Mary directed me Our Blessed Lord in the Holy Eucharist and brought me home to the Catholic Church eight years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best friend is Protestant and she allowed me to learn and grow in my Catholic faith in an incredible way. She taught me about a true friendship with Christ and to this day--decades later--we are the closest of friends: me Catholic and her Protestant.

    There is a lot that Catholics can learn from our Protestant brothers and sisters and I hope that you kept all the wonders of your Protestant faith while growing into the fullness that you now have as a Catholic.

    I had a blessed time talking about this with Marcus Grodi on Journey Home!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_IJSeaAcJc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually I moved after grade 12 and within a month became part of the catholic communtity. However my sister was a missionary for 10 years and now both she and her husband are Evangelical Pastors. Although she fears for my salvation, I know exactly how she thinks and feels,... so I do not take offense

      Delete
    2. i will watch your interview tonight!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective