Why I should move to North Dakota



I don't have a paying job at this time, but I am very busy. Even though I no longer homeschool, my house is messy and my girls are over ten. I spend most of my day on Facebook and Twitter.

Why?

Christina, my daughter with Down syndrome is growing up in a world where no one invites her over to play. Children avoid her on playgrounds and at school. She has never been insulted to her face, but she certainly gets some weird looks. I imagine that some people who see her are happy they don't have a child like her; she is challenging, and, well, different.

She has Down syndrome.

The main reason that I am on the Internet all day is to make the world a better place for her to grow up. Sometimes my work involves her particular circumstances, such as seeking out successful speech therapy strategies, sometimes it involves investigating and promoting promising research, passing on inspiring stories or violations of human rights, but most importantly I strive to raise awareness in society that having a child with Down syndrome has an up side. Many of them. And they have a right to be here, even if they didn't have anything to give. Because we all know that those whom the world often rejects can be the best givers.
READ MORE

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective