Give Me Special Grace

'O my loving God!  Most Blessed Trinity!
Give me special grace to keep You
always in the sanctuary of my soul.
Wound the very core of my heart
with the dart of Your love.
Inebriate my spirit with
a great personal love for You...
Unite me so intimately to Yourself
that I will not think or say or do anything
without first consulting You.'

(from Sheltering the Divine Outcast, compiled by A Religious, The Peter Reilly Co, Philadelphia, 1952, p. 217)
  
Painting:  Schurig Im Gebet, 1889

from The Cloistered Heart

Comments

  1. A very good prayer to remember
    Consulting God in everything I do and in every word I say and even in every thought...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective