Mama Mary

This poem is a personal prayer. I wrote it, when I noticed that at every moment I was alone with myself my thoughts were fixated on the evils of this world, and that even though I wanted with all my heart to be an instrument of God for peace, this attitude didn't bring me there.


virgin mary
Mama Mary, I'm obsessed
with the plight of the oppressed
those who so severely stressed
always brought then to the test
of war
Mama Mary, I'm in pain
every time I try in vain
all these matters to explain
about those people who've been slain
in war
Mama Mary, no one cares
everyone here only stares
for his own belly prepares
not looking at the truth he dares
on war
Mama Mary, I don't know
what to do, I am so slow
when to talk and when to show
when to silent then be so
about war
Mama Mary, pray for me
that I not only darkness see
God works though I'd let it be
a better future shall have we
without war

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective