A Father Ignatius Story: Ancient People by Victor S.E. Moubarak.


UBI CARITAS ET AMOR. DEUS IBI EST.
Father Ignatius was on his way back from a school trip to the museum in the big city with the young children from St Andrew’s School.
The young seven-year olds were a little boisterous and excited after their first school outing; and the six adults on the bus had their work cut out keeping them in their seats. When everyone was seated, Mr Foster, the Headmaster, took a roll-call to ensure that no one was missing. 

As the bus made its way slowly through the busy traffic the children discussed amongst themselves their museum visit and the souvenirs they had bought from the museum shop. 

A few of them sitting next to Father Ignatius discussed the various ancient exhibits they had seen from years gone by and asked him which were his favorite. 

“I wouldn’t say I had a favorite as such,” replied Father Ignatius, “but I suppose it is impressive how many of these exhibits have survived all these centuries and how much we have to learn from ancient civilizations …”

“Are you ancient?” asked a seven year old.

“I suppose I am …” replied the priest with a smile.  read more>

Comments

  1. Thank you so much Melanie for posting my Father Ignatius stories on this Blog. I hope your readers enjoy them and whilst visiting my Blog they download more FREE stories.

    I'm grateful for your kindness.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can't see but you just got 101 reads in a week on your last story!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much Melanie - I'm very grateful.

    Please tell the readers of this Blog about the opportunity to donate to The Salvation Army without costing them a cent. See my Blog post for details here: http://timeforreflections.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/visit-this-blog-quickly.html

    I don't know how to post on this Blog. Thanx.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary