Listen-Silent













Psalm 46:10 - “Be still,and know that I am God."

1 Kings 19:11-13 "And behold, the Lord passed by, and a strong wind tore the mountains and broke in pieces the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. And after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. And after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire the sound of a low whisper. And when Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his cloak and went out and stood at the entrance of the cave." 

Comments

  1. Thank you for this. God has been poking and prodding me to bring more silence into my life. It just brings so much more calm in my life and I can think of Him more. It is not always easy because family members think that having the TV on all the time is just great and every store you go to, even gas pumps, now have monitors with commercials. It seems you just can't escape it, which I'm sure works with the devil's plan to disturb our peace. I just read Teresa Tomeo's book "God's Bucket List" http://j.mp/TTgblAZ which is about figuring out what are God's plans for you life - which may differ from our plans. The first thing Teresa says is you have to cultivate silence. When I read that in the book I could feel God poking me "I keep telling you to have silence." Then I see it here too! You just can't escape when He has a message for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad to hear that we are on the same wavelength; makes me realize that God is in charge

      Delete
  2. Well, you would think that I would have gotten the message a long time ago. I used to give up listening to the radio for Lent and it made such a difference. Oh well, I'll keep plugging along.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective