A Determined Turnabout



Never having entered religious life, I haven't experienced a potential nun's journey toward a cloistered world.

But oh, I have daydreamed it.  Not in the sense of dreaming with desire, and not exactly daydreaming with dread, but with a sense of wondering.  How would it feel, I've asked myself, to make a serious, determined decision to leave the world and enter a life lived totally for Christ.  Not just partly, not mostly, but living for Him totally.  Fully embracing His will with no compromise, no watering down what He asks of me; "yes" with no ifs, no ands, no buts.  Entering the world of His will, and turning my back on all that tries to lure me away from Him.

"Most people cannot leave the world in a bodily sense, but every follower of Christ who is serious about genuine growth must leave the spirit of the world."  (Thomas Dubay SM, Fire Within, Ignatius Press, 1989, p. 81)

Am I serious about genuine growth?  I ask it of myself..... (click to continue) 

Comments

  1. well said, in fact your insights are a perfect echoe of my heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!! This has been a common "theme" of contemplation for me as well for about 3 years now [and love Fr. Dubay too].

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Eileen. And Father Dubay - what wisdom he has shared!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary