Thriving by Surrendering

Psalm 13:5
 But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.

I realized that I had to let go of this futile sense of responsibility for my children but foolishly, I was afraid of what would happen once I did. 

An image which described my struggle to surrender control, was a wagon wheel suspended over a deep chasm.  My large family of 10 stood on the rim of a wagon wheel, while I crouched on the hub, frantically turning this way and that, grabbing all the broken spokes, desperate to hold the crumbling structured together.  I realized that I had to let go of this futile sense of responsibility and control but I was afraid to stop, afraid that one moment of inattention would cause my entire family to tumble down into the abyss.  I was trapped.
Yet, I realized that my tension prevented natural, organic growth and healing. My control acted like a wall, shutting out all divine intervention and grace. My sincere concern and earnest self-sacrifice actually magnified everyone’s brokenness by freezing everyone and everything. continue>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary