To All New Writers: Introduce Yourselves in a Post

Hi, my name is Melanie Jean Juneau and I have been the administrator of this site since the summer. I dutifully introduced the first five new members to ACWB in the summer but then I pettered out. Pam just gave me a brilliant idea. She just posted an article today entitled, Yes, I'm Catholic...Really!

I want to invite all new writers to introduce themselves and their blogs,then leave a link to their blog so that we can visit.If you are comfortable, a picture of you or a snapshot of your blog would help us connect and relate to you.









I introduced myself five or six months ago but here is a short bio to start our new series.

Melanie Jean Juneau is a petite wife, writer and mother of nine kids who blogs at joyofnine9.The very existence of a joyful mother of nine children seems to confound people. Her writing is humorous and heart warming; thoughtful and thought provoking with a strong current of spirituality running through it. Part of her call and her witness is to write the truth about children, family, marriage and the sacredness of life, especially a life lived in God. Melanie is a columnist at Catholic LaneCatholic Stand and Catholic Attachment Parenting Corner.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. YES Victor, why don't I send you and email and set you up with pulishing privledges; you already an intregal part of this site and then YOU can choose which stories to post! It is on it's way. I will put you inon the writers page and our bloggers blogs

      Delete
  2. Hi Melanie. I've stopped by many times. Your first sentence in your intro caught my attention. What caught my eye was that you introduce your self as a "petite mom." If you were large would you have introduced yourself as a "full size" or "overweight" mom? :-P LOL, I hope you don't mind me kidding you. I just found it unusual.

    By the way, anyone with nine children is A-OK in my book. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cut out a whole paragraph where I talked about the fact that I am doomed to be called cute for my whole life, now even by my kid's friends. In fact it will be on my tombstone because I will die a cute little old lady. ( My sister was beautiful and I was...cute!
      When anyone who meets me, theie eyebrows shoot up, there mouth drops open and they say, "YOU have nine kids" So I cut all that and simply said petite.
      Now I see that it sounds insensitive

      Delete
    2. In no way did I think it insensitive. Just unusal. Now I understand that it came as a reference to having nine children. I get it. It's not insensitive. Peace. :)

      Delete
    3. you're kind and thanks for the insight; I might change it so it is clearer

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective