Your Own Living Tabernacle


"You know, my loving Jesus, I do want my soul to be spotlessly pure and undefiled, so that it will be for You a most beautiful Home, a Home from which no one will ever dislodge You - Your own living tabernacle, where You will ever dwell, and where I shall live consciously and lovingly with You, and always have a word with You before I speak, act, or make a decision.  I want You to be so happy, so much at home in my soul, that You will take complete possession of it and live Your life in me."


from Fervorinos From Galilee's Hills, compiled by a Religious, Pelligrini, 1936, p.143

Painting:  The Bleu Veil, Tarbell

From The Cloistered Heart

Comments

  1. a powerful prayer that rings with authenticity and echoes the yearnings of my own heart..of course I am in love with the painting as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Melanie. I like the fact that the woman is veiled. The more I look at the painting, the more it looks like a gentle blue "cloister" in which she is enclosed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh..you are absolutely right..love it now even more

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective