Christian Hope

Hope is not an emotional affair. The Christian perspective suggests that hope involves something more than the projection of material success. I used to think a lot about realistic hope. I had come across a sort of ethereal hope that had no more substance than the wish a Dr. Seuss "ish wish dish" might produce. I was frustrated with it and wanted something more, something better, something more realistic. Going through dark times have taught me that hope is impossible without the trust and the abandonment to God where one is willing to trust Him and in fact hope against the sometimes stark realistic circumstances. It is a matter of love, because nothing other than the simple act of love can prompt the act of hope and trust. 
JESUS, I TRUST IN YOU!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective