FOCUS on Friday, in February... For Life!

First, a little riddle: 
What am I? ...I've been considered the center, while holding many seats.  I reveal your emotions & intellect, both the physical & the spiritual.  Yet you might swear with me. And some will cross me... But I could melt, or become hardened.  Sometimes real, sometimes not...  Restless when wrong.  Cured when open.  I'll sing for you, but best at keeping beat.  In need of silence to hear well.  Heavy or broken at times.  Despised, pierced, forgotten.  Still, without me there is no life; yet humble I am...  What am I to you?
Yes.  Now that February is here, time to remember it once again...
The one & only heart!  After all, we do have Valentine’s Day right at the very center of the month; But it’s also "American Heart Month"... Indeed it is, ever since 1964 (50 years now!).   And although the news makes mention of it each year, I'm hoping you'll still consider reading on because there is a much bigger and broader picture in need of seeing.

But initially, this is a picture that gets painted by numbers – Lots of numbers that must matter − all special & unique… Yet it will all come down to just ONE.
To begin, the American Heart Association [AHA] released their annual report...

Comments

  1. your writing is educational but inspiring as well- which is a gift

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow--thank you, Melanie... This topic [post] was a challenge for me because of the sheer size of it (of the many elements to bring together)--especially when this "picture" is much bigger than us! (:

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary