Prayer and Chasing the Faith


I didn't think I would post here again so soon, but I really wanted to share this with you.
As a Lay Dominican in training, I have to complete and present modules on various topics. For now, I am working on prayer. I presented on the Laity in the Church and the life of St. Dominic previously. 
I won't share all of my reflections as I usually do. I wrote quite a bit for my presentation.
There is a nugget that I felt called to share. I felt it needed more sharing than the presentation I will give tonight *shameless request for prayers inserted here*
I was asked to locate a specific psalm, meditate upon it for 10-15 minutes and write down my reaction to it, as well as any insights, thoughts, and resolutions I could have.
In my initial read, I wrote that I have to to trust in the Lord and only in the Lord no matter what – He is my portion and my cup.  I read it again and my eyes stopped here: 

Psalm 16:4

Those who choose another god multiply their sorrows;their libations of blood I will not pour out
or take their names upon my lips.
It was Jesus’ blood that was spilt and His blood shed for us to drink. Not any other god – and here, I am thinking about what we make as god’s in our lives: spouse, children, work, social media, shopping! Anything can be made a god-as-idol really. But there is only one God whom I serve and trust – or try to, again I never pretend for a moment to be perfect.   continue reading>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective