When A Minute Encompassed Eternity

When we carry God in our hearts, we are at home anywhere.(The Living Pyx of Jesus, by a Religious, Pelligrini and Co., Australia, 1941)
 An encounter that I had longed for, searched for but it had become a brittle dream, a dry leaf long abandoned.
I felt empty, despondent with all inner resources depleted.
A mere shell.
Yet deeper than the despair
Existed a spark of yearning, an ache of hope that was  nonverbal, even preverbal
A common yearning in all humanity.
03e17e636e4969514054a2a366519332Unexpectedly, a mere glance
slipped silently into the dark cave within me
Like a wisp of smoke suddenly bursting into flame
As if the dry litter in my heart was merely tinder, feeding this ethereal fire.
A surge of heat surged through my inner self,
Seeping into my muscles, soothing my mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective