Adoration and the Kindness of a Stranger

Lent has begun! I am feeling quite energized by it, though I'm trying not to be the crazy Baby Catholic who has to Give Up All The Things for Lent and totally go overboard. I'm please with what I have decided to do.
As I mentioned before, we're giving up ice cream as a family. So we had an ice cream party for mardi gras.
And I have committed to two other specific things as well:
1. I'm giving up time (spent online) in order to exercise daily.
2. I'm praying at least a decade of the rosary daily (in addition to regular prayers).
There are other things I am trying to work on also. I'm doing more spiritual reading (actually, I'm just continuing the reading I always do, but I'm making an extra point to read things that are spiritually stimulating). I'm reading my Bible more. I'm writing in a Lent journal. I'm making a greater effort to focus on gratitude, patience, and humility.
And another thing I plan to do more frequently (hopefully weekly) during Lent is to go to the adoration chapel. I love going to the chapel and it's something I don't make time to do often enough. There is something transformative about the experience of adoration, and since I can't receive communion, it's the next best thing.
Read the rest of this post HERE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective