Are You Tired of Lent?

Dr. Regis Martin of Franciscan University of Steubenville is tired of Lent. Watch what he has to say here:


I have a confession to make: I agree with him.  Here we are at day 17 of the Lenten season and I am tired of Lent. I am worn out by the struggle of giving up my favorite beverage. Like Dr. Martin, I am embarrassed by undertaking such a pathetic fast to begin with, when others around me seem so much more ambitious in their disciplines.  I am disappointed that all my Examinations of Conscience seem to be yielding little change in my day to day behaviors.  I am frustrated that my prayer time seems dry and quite honestly, a bit of a struggle. Each morning I find myself asking: "How many days are left?"

Lent isn't easy. Jesus' 40 days in the desert were no picnic and not without temptation....

Read more here...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective