New Writer Bio...Marilyn Joan Pientka

Marilyn Joan Pientka, aka Mimi or Auntie M started her blog when she was going through cancer three years ago, which is about the time she became a Catholic.  She is down to earth and has a humorous side in sharing information on her blog (www.thoughtfulreflection.com), which includes titles such as “My Cancer Story”, “Spiritual Encouragement”, “Why I became a Catholic”.  Her Facebook page called “The Catholic Way” shares spiritual encouragement and information about misconceptions many Protestants have about the Catholic Church with the mission of unity and understanding.


Marilyn has been married to a wonderful husband for 36 years.  They are blessed with one daughter and son-in-law along with three beautiful grandchildren. They are facilitators for “God’s Plan for a Joy Filled Marriage”, a marriage preparation class within the Diocese of Madison WI.  She has volunteered for various organizations over the years and currently volunteers for the Women’s Care Center in Madison WI and the 2014 Globe-athon - A Walk to End Women’s’ Cancer.  

Quote from Marilyn:  “It is my prayer that all I say and do will honor our Lord Jesus Christ.  OK…yes I do fall short (many times) but I found he still loves me anyway!  And He loves you too.”


Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable to you O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. 
Psalm 119:14


Comments

  1. Welcome Marilyn. We look forward to your posts and comments.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Victor... I am learning to proof, proof and proof again. I see that my bio reads "has been married" rather than "is married". OH boy... better not let my husband see that...LOL. Tell me how many times do you proof your writings before you feel confident they are ready to go? I looked at your site and see you are very experienced so I am sure I can learn from you. What would be your most important advice when it comes to writing? God Bless, Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn for visiting my Blog. Yes, proof reading is important as well as grammar and spelling. But here's my secret. Please don't tell anyone and make sure no one else is reading over your shoulder as you read this.

      I very rarely write a Blog post direct; except short ones that is. By that, I mean I don't switch on to my Blog and write.

      I usually write short stories (serious ones like my Father Ignatius series, or humourous ones like my current History Lessons). These are often written off-line on MS Word where I have time to check and double check what I write and what I want to say. Then I publish them on my Blog.

      But I'm knot purrfect. I make many mis-steaks. Especially when I'm hungary.

      God bless.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective