Bothering Your Pastors

Pope Francis said this at a Sunday afternoon Regina Caeli address:
These words struck me hard for several reasons:
  • I hate to be a bother.
  • I always feel like I am being a bother when I have a question (or several).
  • I preface nearly every conversation with my priest/spiritual director with either the thought in my head or the words on my lips: "Father, I hope I am not bothering you, but..."
I don't think I am alone in this. I have heard many friends express the same hesitations. The conversations go something like this..."I really don't know what God expects me to do and I would love to ask Father, but I don't want to bother him." of "I have a question about church teaching x, but I can't ask Father because I don't want to bother him."
Are you with me?  Have you said that too?  I bet you have. It seems to be a nearly universal sentiment among the Catholic faithful I know. Click here for some practical suggestions about "bothering your pastor" without being a bother.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective