Reyna

          I don´t think she stands 4 ft tall. She wears several sweaters, all of different colors. Any one of them could match with the turban she wears; sometimes she wears a crocheted orange hat, sometimes yellow..

         I first met her last Sept, she was a new client of the nurses I work for and I came to interpret for her. She was in bed; the only light was a 40 light bulb which made it difficult for the nurse to read her equipment, like the thermometer or blood pressure gage.

          I introduced myself without seeing her face, just so she would know I was also in the room with her nurse. She needed some intimate caring for so I stood behind the furniture by the door, so she would know she had privacy. The sound of her voice was tense, she was in such pain but even then, her voice sounded like little fairy dust falling on water.

           Light.  Buoyant.  Were I to close my eyes, her voice sounded like a glittery ball that bounces over the words so lightly. It was girlish, though she is in her 50s.
         She had a tube protruding thru her ribs to drain her lungs. It had to be changed each visit and she dreaded it. 
 read the rest:     http://theoutlawedgod.wordpress.com/2014/05/19/reina/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective