When Mother's Day Isn't Happy

Mother's Day is a day we celebrate, a day we should be filled with joy, and yet, it is a day too many are hurting, a day too many mourn the loss of their beloved Mother, a day too many mourn the Mother they always wanted but never had, a day too many long to hold the Child they never held or held for too short a time.

I know firsthand some of the agony Mother's Day can bring, but I also know the New Beginnings that come from the pain of being made new, of being born again on this day. May 10th is listed as my "birthday" on my Google+ profile because it is on May 10th, Mother's Day 2009, that my husband suddenly announced he was leaving. Although I didn't see it at the time, the pain I experienced was part of the birthing process making me into the person I am meant to be.

If Mother's Day is less than perfect for you, if it is a day met with a bit of sadness in your heart or a day met with complete and utter earth shattering agony, know that Mary also suffered much as a Mother. Know that

You are never alone. 

Mother's Day is a day we must celebrate one of the two most important jobs God the Father gave us:  

Motherhood 

(The other being Fatherhood) 


But as believers we are also part of One Body in Christ, and when one of us suffers, we must all bear some of that pain. Please take May 10th to unite in prayer for those hurting on Mother's Day. 

To read more, please read  When Mother's Day Isn't Happy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective