Following my Lord to the End of the Universe: And Beyond


(From Dosso Dossi, via Wikimedia Commons, used w/o permission.)
("The Ascension," by Dosso Dossi/Giovanni di Niccolò de Luteri.)

This is one of my favorite bits of the Bible:
"8 The eleven 9 disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had ordered them. 
"teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. 13 And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age."
(Matthew 28:16-20)
So, for slightly different reasons, is this:
"When they had gathered together they asked him, 'Lord, are you at this time going 4 to restore the kingdom to Israel?' 
"They said, 'Men of Galilee, why are you standing there looking at the sky? This Jesus who has been taken up from you into heaven will return in the same way as you have seen him going into heaven.' "
(Acts 1:6-11)
Acts 1:11 reminds me of stories where, after the general's address, a sergeant says 'you heard the orders: Move out.'
Can't say that I blame the "Men of Galilee" for just standing there. They'd gotten orders from the Son of God, and seen my Lord get airlifted back to headquarters. That was a lot to absorb, all at once....

More at A Catholic Citizen in America.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective