Cloudinids and a Big Fish: Learning More of Earth's Story

It looks like cloudinids, critters whose skeletons look like a stack of ice cream cones, made Earth's first reefs....

...Thinking about God's Design Decisions


Every time I write one of these 'science' posts, I wonder if I need to explain why thinking is not a sin. If you've been here before, feel free to skip down to 'Cloudinids and a Precambrian Reef.'

As a Catholic, I'm obliged to believe that God creates everything, including us. We're designed with a thirst for truth, which should lead us to God. Thinking about the world's beauty and order doesn't get in the way of faith. (Catechism of the Catholic Church, 27, 31-35)

God's design decisions don't upset me. I like living in an immense universe: one where we keep finding new facets of reality. It's as if God created a world loaded with puzzle games for us to solve.

But since so many folks seem convinced that science and religion are at war, an explanation may be in order. Or, not. I'll let you decide....

...More at A Catholic Citizen in America.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective