Follow Me ...



Do not covet another man’s house, do not covet his wife, his slaves, his cattle, his ass, or anything else that he owns.
All right, with some difficulty, most of us can go along with that. We may be a little envious of someone else’s house or car or whatever; but that’s as far as it goes. (We hope).

I know I don’t envy my neighbour’s ass because he hasn’t got one. As for his wife … well … let’s say she is so frightening that he is most welcome to her. I know my cat is so terrified whenever he sees her that he dashes up a tree to hide. Even the birds are so scared that they’ve returned all the seeds they took last year.
But what about coveting our neighbours’ Blogs, or Facebook or Google accounts, or such other social media?

Why should they have more hits than me? Or more comments and followers and friends? Some people have more friends on their website than the number of real people that I have met in a lifetime.
Is that not as serious a sin as the 10nth Commandment quoted above?
Perhaps we should instead focus on the content of our Blog posts rather than the number of people reading them.
Let our Blog be the one which Jesus would want to read.

Comments

  1. Well said! And in such a humorous way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey it's great to see you here Mary. Thank you for your kind comment. I'm always grateful for your support and encouragement.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  2. Yup this is the generation that we are racing to have more than a 100 friends online than having one or two real and true friends. Kind of sad but I told my nieces and nephew not to fall from this pressure. And yes even here in the blogosphere people had to spend a lot of money just to get a lot of traffic. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim for your kind comments. God bless you and your family always.

      Delete
  3. This is so true! & my neighbor doesn't have a donkey either ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There aren't many donkeys to covet these days are there? Not with one's neighbours any way. But my neighbour does have a beautiful car though!

      Thank you priest's wife for taking the time to comment here. God bless you and your family always.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary