Memories of First Communion, Confession, Catholic Schools, and the Nuns, Part 1

As a cradle Catholic, by the age of 6 I was well schooled in learning how to please God.  Every morning I would pray, “I offer you all of my prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day.”  I trusted that God would be with me, and He would bless me and protect me.   I attended Catholic School, and Sister Mary Claudia was my teacher.  I know it was she who blessed me with Fear of the Lord.  I looked at Sister as she taught.  She had to be more than 14 feet tall!

Sister drilled us well in the Baltimore Catechism, and we had to review the day’s lesson with our parents at home. 

“What is the purpose of your life?”  she would intone.
In our sing song voices we would reply, “Our purpose in life is to know God, to serve God in this world and in the next.” 

We would say this with sincere hearts and souls, even as poked the kid in front of us, not that I  ever poked or pushed anyone! 


Read More at:: His Unending Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective