Language barriers?

What do these words mean to someone
who's not already pro-life?
Pro-life. Anti-abortion. Anti-choice. Pro-abortion. Pro-death ... and so on, ad nauseam. When does a term stop being descriptive and start becoming a weapon? How can I learn to listen, and listen well, when someone who fights for abortion approaches me for a conversation?

If we are all to work together to respect humanity's God-given dignity, connect we must, in charity and truth. But how?

I need to crowd-source an answer to a question I've already addressed. I'm sure there are wiser responses than mine.

Someone asked me today why I used the word "preborn" in a recent post. To me, the term is descriptive and appropriate and needs no elaboration. My questioner takes a different view.

How do YOU bridge verbal divides when it comes to the life issues?

Read more here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective