My Silence, God's Silence

Lent.



Silence.
Listening.

This lent, I have noticed barrenness in my life. Although my days are filled with the busy-ness of writing, studying, practicing, cooking, cleaning, facebooking, and the many other thousands of activities that fill time, by scheduling more time for prayer, I’ve noticed a deep and all-pervading silence and emptiness.

Perhaps a lot of the busy-ness with which I cover my days is my way of running away from this lonesome silence? All the activities that fill my life give me a sense of importance and achievement. I grasp at this feeling, because it masks the reality of my smallness and insignificance in the eyes of the world. I am anxious for this feeling, because I fear my identity without it.
                                                                                                                        
This silence is softened by faith in God and sharpened by His silence. Read more...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective