A Holy Thursday Liturgical Tea


A few years ago, inspired by Jessica, we began having a Holy Thursday Liturgical Tea.  It was surprisingly simple to pull off and made a real impression on the children.  I am busy preparing for today's tea and thought I would share some of our plans.

Each year, I set the table with a pretty olive-themed tablecloth and take out some special bowls and plates, just not the fine China.  I save that for Easter.  In addition to the symbolic foods, I include a few symbolic plates, a pewter player, green fish shaped plate the my mother-in-law made me, and my decorative Noah' s Ark plate.   The pewter plate represents the Sedar that Jesus shared with the disciples. The fish represents Christ and green is a traditional color for Holy Thursday.  Noah' s Ark represents the fulfillment of Old Testement prophecies.  

A glimpse at last year's tea.

Below is a list of what we usually have on the table for our tea:

Continued on Veils and Vocations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective