Reader Q&A: The Catholic vs. Protestant View of the Mass

I recently received a question in my email box, and  I thought it was an interesting question and the thoughts it brought out seemed like they would be beneficial to share in this space. Now, my prior disclaimer is twofold: first, that I am a convert, and none of my (extended) family is Catholic. And two: I'm not sharing this to threaten anyone into converting. I'm just doing so because it gives me joy to share more about my faith. So. There's that to contend with- I'm new at this- and two, keep in mind as I answer this and perhaps other questions in the future that I'm doing this simply in response to a question I received.  I still wanted to address it here on the blog, and do so anonymously, just to remain, as always, on the safe side.

The person asked:

Tacy,

As someone who was Protestant and is now Catholic, what do you think of the following article?

The Gospel for Roman Catholics @ For the Church


Is he representing Catholic doctrine fairly?  If he is, then how would the teachings he describes be reconciled with passage like Hebrews 9:28, which says that Christ “was offered once to bear the sins of many?” 

I’m not going to make the judgment about whether the Catholic understanding of grace is contrary to the Gospel or not, but it does seem deeply problematic to me.

Sincerely....

{read the rest at Picture a Skyline}

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective