The Fear that Binds

My greatest barrier to moving from the safety net belief in God to a relational one has honestly always been fear.  A mix of fears too not a one size fits all fear.   My journey to embracing a more loving and trustworthy idea of God (the true image of God)  - began in 2007, when I began to search my heart for what was missing - and found it wasn't something from within but from above.

But first came the apprehension fear - the I've read enough of bio-ops on the Saints to repeat St. Teresa of Avila's admonishment to Christ when she allegedly landed in the mud after her donkey bucked her.  "IF this is how you treat your friends, no wonder you have so few of them."  Exactly Teresa - fear that if I made this commitment to follow Christ beyond the Sunday obligation (aka keeping perfect attendance just in case this is all real) bad stuff would befall me.  I gave this some real thought too banishing these Saints from my thoughts and prayers because in some twisted mind-set way felt if I acknowledged them the same fate my beset me ... on the 'do not call' list were:

Read more...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective