A Perpendicular Paradise


Sherbourne_Abbey_Roof,_Dorset,_England

Received wisdom had taught me that virtue was its own reward, until my local supermarket taught me otherwise. A simple system of points per purchase enabled them to reward the virtue of loyalty with a two-for-the-price-of-one holiday break in Dorset at a hotel with a sauna, a Turkish bath, and an indoor pool. The short break was primarily designed to placate my body that had grumbled its way through the vigours of a three month diet imposed by my doctor. However its better half was 'surprised by Joy' when, by accident rather than design, I wandered into Sherborne Abbey immediately after the full English breakfast promised by the brochure.  Read on.........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective