Defined by Divorce, the Scarlet Letter "D,"& Beating Yourself Up...

Defined by Divorce - Single Mom Smiling
"I am getting a divorce. My Marriage is crumbling. My children are being torn apart. I will be forced to "split custody" because that's "fair" to whom I don't know, but that's what our courts tell me. Neither my children nor I have any say. My husband is leaving. My heart is breaking. Everyone is gossiping. I am divorced."

Divorced.
Divorced.
Divorced...

The mantra ran in my head for a long time. I couldn't go out without people questioning me. I couldn't wake or sleep, blink or breath without inhaling the toxicity of what had been done to our family. Divorce was who I was.

In The Scarlet Letter, Hester is forced to wear the A signifying her as an adulteress. My husband had been the one cheating. His new wife had began the affair while I was pregnant, but somehow society had accepted this while I was left struggling to find a job, provide food, housing, and love for five hurting and sometimes ill or injured children, and come to grips with what had happened to the man I'd loved and the life we had built together.

To continue reading and to discover something the undivorced fail to understand, please join me at SingleMomSmiling.com

Thank you and... God Bless...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary