Faith Alone Won't Save You: The Command to Love in Marriage & Divorce

Faith Alone Save, Call Love Marriage & Divorce - 2 Skeletons
The Christian woman beamed when I told her I'd accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior but had never heard of the Salvation Prayer. After receiving permission, she put her hands on me and prayed the Salvation Prayer over me. When it was completed, she practically squealed with delight at having "saved" me and ran off to tell others.

It was overly simple. I'd accepted Christ as Savior, said The Salvation Prayer,  and  - BOOM! -  she said I was now going to Heaven. In those few moments, I'd received a golden ticket to paradise.

It was an experience I was happy to have, but it was also one that made me think more deeply about what it means to be Catholic-Christian. The more cynical part of me wondered if I could be saved simply because of my faith and saying the Salvation Prayer as many Christians profess.

I'd accepted Jesus, but I had before I'd known the Salvation Prayer existed.
I'd sought out faith in Jesus and the Holy Trinity, but the fact that I was still alive and kicking had already proven they exist.
I'd held tight to Faith, Hope, and Love. They'd already lit my darkness and given me reason to live another day.

Was professing the Salvation Prayer's truths enough?

To continue reading, please join me at Single Mom Smiling.com
Thanks for liking, commenting, following, and sharing!
God Bless...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary