Mary & Martha, John & Peter, Do-ers & Be-ers: Jesus Loves Us All!

Mary, Martha, John, Peter, Doer, Beer , Jesus (Swimming)
I am a doer. I do and I do and I do, and sometimes I get so caught up in doing that I forget things like eating, sleeping, and playing. Luckily, I have five boys who don't let me forget eating for very long, but the sleep and play part I have to remind myself about. I tend to put them on the back shelf behind the never ending list of responsibilities that assault my time.

The truth is, I really do have important things that need doing for my life coaching, my teaching, my children, my CCD classes, my home, and for so many other things. I often get so caught up in what needs to be done, that I forget that downtime needs to be done too. I forget to make time to rest, to play with my children, to feed my children without their reminders (I won't win Mother of the Year Award again this year!)

I forget to make time to sit with the Lord and say the Rosary, quietly reflecting on Jesus' life as I move from verse to verse along each bead. I forget to take time to read my Bible and journal about what I've discovered. I forget the value of silence. I fill every second with what must be done or what I think must be done without taking the time to rest and to play.

To read the rest of my post, please join me at SingleMomSmiling.com.
As always, thank you for reading, commenting, liking, following, and sharing! 
God Bless...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective