Thinking of Getting Married? Don't be a Fool!


Thinking Getting Married? Don't Fool! Card Joker


My six year old got off the school bus yesterday looking awful.

"Mom," he said in the voice that makes him sound more like 60 than six, "I'm going to bed."

I immediately went into Mom-mode. I felt his head. No sign of fever. I kissed his little cheek. Nothing seemed amiss, but his shoulders were slumped and he just repeated that he was going to bed.

"Okay," I replied and, concerned, I reached to take his hand, but it was gone before I could grasp it. Suddenly the little hand that had been so close to my mine, the little boy with the sad look and slumped shoulders darted away, backing up, and laughing at me.

"April Fools!" he shouted scampering across the driveway in an attempt to outmaneuver my hands which now reached out to throttle him.

As a teacher and as a single mom of five boys I can't believe I fell for his trick! April Fool's Day is usually a big deal here with lots of tricks going on as the boys and I do our best to "get" each other.

To read the rest of this Thinking of Marriage? Don't be a Fool, please join me at SingleMomSmiling.com.

Also - I will be posting questions to ask before getting married next Friday. If you have questions you wished you'd ask or could ask someone preparing for Marriage now, please leave them in the comments below or contact me through SingleMomSmiling@hotmail.com, Facebook, or G+. Thanks so much!

God Bless...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective