Lessons Learnt at Home

My mother taught me to say my Morning Offering the moment I woke up in the morning.  But above all she showed me how to put it into practice by her own example. It wasn’t the little things that I noticed at first, but the big sacrifices that she made, that even I noticed. Like that terrible moment in her life when her own precious son, my older brother, died at the age of 22. It was then that, with the help of her spiritual director Abbott Williams she gradually learnt to accept his death, as Mary had done, as she stood at the foot of the Cross. Lessons learnt in such moments are never forgotten. They indelibly stain the memory and determine the way you think and act for the rest of your life, for better or for worse. In my mother's case it was for better not worse, as it had been for Mary.   read on ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective