10 Minute Daily Retreat: June - Gift of Wisdom

Who doesn't enjoy a beautiful wedding? Our senses are delighted with music, food, flowers, the colours and textures of fabrics, the transforming impact of hairstyles and makeup and the elegance of jewellery. Our spirit is lifted by the palpable joy between the couple.

Like any event, weddings don't just happen. Hours of hard work, negotiation - conflict management - and careful planning have set the scene. My own wedding preparation was no different. When we requested a non-traditional hymn in the church repertoire, the musician obliged, but not before muttering, 'that's an odd choice of song for a wedding.'


My heart's desire on my wedding day was for my husband, as was his for mine. But I knew that human desire can only last so long and I wanted our marriage to extend well beyond our wedding day. 

If we truly want to fulfill our life's call, we must acknowledge the deep desire that we have for God. It is God who instills this desire in us. 

Wisdom is choosing to place our longing for God above all else. 

As a deer longs for flowing streams,
so my soul longs for you, O God.
Psalm 42:1-2




Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective