A Trump Victory - 12 Ways Never Trumpers Can Help Their Chidlren

Child after Trump win?
Donald Trump will be the new President of the United States. Whether you voted for him or not, perhaps we can agree that one of the saddest things about this election is the fear and hatred our children have witnessed.

I remember watching replay after horrid replay of 9-11. I watched until I heard a child expert explain that children lack the ability to understand that a replay is not an actual repeated event.

Finally, it dawned on me (I'm a little slow sometimes - figure I'd say it first! ;) ):  what we understand as adults does not register the same for children and children most need to know they are safe. I may have been scared, but I understood we were not in immediate danger. They did not.

Children listen. Children internalize. Children fear.

I am by no means comparing a Trump election to 9-11, but too many memes and social media comments are. What a shameful scar that is on the memories of those lost that day. There are instead look positively at this election and ensuing Trump presidency.

A Trump Presidency - 12 Ways to Help Your Children...


To read more, please join me at SingleMomSmiling.com

May God Bless America & All of Us...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective